It's my Birthday this month. And if I could have achieve any of these 5 Looks, I would be a Happy Birthday Girl. Each look has at least one timeless component that I wish were all in my closet right Now - and they are...
1. An Oxford Shirt
2. an Emerald Green Skirt
3. dark Denim Overalls
4. the clam-digger Sweatpants
5. and a pair of Coral Stilettos
The 5 Looks I'm Craving Now are...
1. I want one perfectly timeless Oxford Shirt, with black slacks and black stilettos (source of inspiration is unknown) -
paired with equally perfectly timeless accessories, the pearl stud earrings and black and gold wrist watch; this look would land me right where I want to be in life - or least make me feel that way.
2. the Emerald Green Skirt paired with a plaid shirt and gold shoes - as seen on "a Little Dash of Darling"
- is exactly what I'm wearing in my dreams!
3. Dressed Up Overalls by the Glitter Guide. I'm so glad that Overalls are having a moment/comeback from the 90's; it's about time. The Glitter Guide perfected this look by pairing dark denim Overalls with black stilettos, a striped tee, and a black scarf.
4. the First Date at my place by Marie Claire
Maybe it's because my first date with my now Hubby was a casual movie night (that was not code for a booty call!). Or maybe it's because I'm a big fan of looking sexy even if you're just hanging out around the house. But who cares - I love that comfy clothes are getting a fashionable makeover. Please put these clam-digger Sweatpants in my dresser, now - and believe I'll be wearing SEXY lingerie underneath.
5. This Whimsical, Pretty-in-Pastel, I belong in Paris look - as seen in Milan during Fashion Week, for Fall 2014
A beret (that I have wanted ever since the first time I heard "Raspberry Beret"), a white sweatshirt, a shimmery knee-length skirt, a leather-accented doctor bag, and gorgeous Coral Stilettos would put me right in Paris with a cafe au lait in one hand and a croissant in the other.
Well - here's to Wishful Thinking and lots of Shopping/Thrift Store hunting; isn't that what Birthdays are for? Actually, Birthdays are for cake, and balloons, and presents, and lots and lots of CAKE.
You may also enjoy...